Chicken Cacciatore II
- Original recipe
- Source: Cooking Healthy and Fast
- Prep Time: 25 Minutes
- Servings: 6
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 x 16-ounce can whole plum tomatoes
- ½ cup white wine (or cooking wine)
- ¼ tsp basil
- ¼ tsp oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 chopped onion
- 4 half chicken breasts, skinned, boned
- 2 tbsp fat-free chicken broth
- Heat liquid chicken broth in a non-stick skillet and brown chicken, onion, and garlic.
- Add all other ingredients except mushrooms.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer about 30 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, cook 10 minutes more.
- Remove chicken from pan, boil down sauce until slightly thickened.
- Serve over cooked rice.
- Calories: 217 | Protein: 28 g | Sodium: 382 mg | Cholesterol: 73 mg | Fat: 3.5 g | Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Exchanges: 1 Starch; 4 Lean Meat
- "Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group" http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends/