Cherry Garcia Takes a Dip
This dip is ridiculously simple, ridiculously fun and simply delicious. It consists of straight from the carton chocolate cherry ice cream, softened and enhanced with more chunks of chocolate and hint of kirsch, a clear cherry brandy distilled from semisweet cherries. Dip in and dunk.
From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- Source: Delicious Dips
- 2 pints Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia™ ice cream
- 4 oz bittersweet chocolate, such as Valrhona or Scharffen Berger, cut into small chunks
- 3 tbsp kirsch
- dippables: double chocolate chunk brownie chips, heart shaped apple cinnamon tortilla chips, sweet wonton crisps, toasted pound cake crisps, strawberries, chocolate wafer cookies, graham crackers
- Remove the ice cream from freezer and allow to soften for 20 minutes.
- Scoop the ice cream into a medium bowl and add the chocolate chunks and kirsch.
- Stir to make it creamy and dip like.
- Transfer for a serving bowl and serve at once.
- This dip can be prepared 2 days in advance.
- Cover and refreeze.
- Soften 20 minutes before serving.
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group