Cherry-Bright Chocolate Brownies
- Heat oven to 350 °F. Grease and flour 9-inch square baking pan.
- Lightly press cherries between layers of paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- In small bowl, beat butter, Sugar and eggs until creamy.
- Mix in corn syrup, almond extract and vanilla until well blended.
- Stir together flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder; add to butter mixture, mixing until well blended.
- Stir in cherries and almonds; pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Frost, if desired.
- Cut into squares.
- Garnish with additional cherries, if desired.
- About 16 brownies.