Chayote and Red Pepper Salad
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Stewart Estate in Quinlan, Texas in 1994. From "Catsrecipes Y-Group"
- 2 chayotes peeled cut in half and pits removed
- 1 large red bell pepper cored and seeded and cut into julienne strips
- ½ teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Slice chayotes as thin as possible and cut into julienne strips.
- Combine chayote and bell pepper in a bowl then add olive oil and lime juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss well and let sit for 15 to 20 minutes before serving.
- "Catsrecipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/Catsrecipes/ Catsrecipes Y-Group