Char-Grilled Strip Steak
These steaks, seasoned with spices and herbs, will save you money that you might have used to go to a steakhouse.
- 4 (6-8 ounce) beef strip steaks, 1 inch thick
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Combine seasonings. Set aside.
- Brush steaks liberally with olive oil. Rub each side of steaks with seasoning mixture. Leave at room temperature 30-45 minutes before continuing.
- Prepare grill for indirect heating, high on one side, medium on the other. Add steaks to high part of grill and cook 1 1/4 minutes. Twist 90 degrees and cook for another 1 1/4 minutes. Flip and repeat one more time.
- Move steaks to medium and cook, turning often, until internal temperature reaches 140 degrees F for medium-rare.
- Remove to a plate and cover with aluminum foil. Let rest 7-10 minutes.
- Slice steaks thinly across the grain on a bias. Serve warm.