|Carrot and Coriander Soup
Carrot and Coriander Soup   is a earthly flavoured soup, a nice dish around christmas time.
- 1 lb carrots, young and tender preferred
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 celery stick, plus 2-3 pale leafy celery tops
- 2 small potatoes, chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2-3 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)
- 7/8 cup milk
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Trim and peel the carrots, then cut into chunks.
- Warm oil and 2 tbsp of butter in a pan.
- Gently fry the onion for 3-4 min to soften.
- Slice celery sticks.
- Include celery and potatoes in the pan with the onion, cooking for a few min.
- Add in the carrots, stirring over a gentle heat for ~4 min.
- Cover and reduce heat to sweat for 10 min.
- Occasionally shake the enclosed pan.
- Include the stock.
- Bring all to boil.
- Partially cover and simmer for ~9 min, achieveing a tendering of teh carrots and potatoes.
- Set aside 6-8 tiny celery leaves for garnish.
- Finely chop the celery tops.
- Melt butter in a pan.
- Fry the ground coriander, constantly stir all for 1 min.
- Reduce heat and include the finely chopped celery and fresh coriander.
- Over gentle heat fry for 1 min, set aside.
- Take the soup and blend, achieveing a smooth consistency.
- Pour into a clean pan.
- Include by stirring, the milk, coriander mixture and seasoning.
- Gently heat.
- Serve with celery leaves to garnish.
- ↑ Day, Martha (2010). Classic Cooking for Christmas. Anness Publishing Ltd. pp. 10.
- ↑ Stewart, Martha (2003). The Martha Stewart Living Christmas Cookbook. Clarkson Potter/Publishers, New York. pp. 178. ISBN 1-4000-5037-5.