This won an award for Robert Parsons of the Benson Hotel, Portland, in an Automobile Club of Oregon Zero Proof Mixoff contest.
- Contributed by Stephen Ceideburg
- 2 tbsp Torani orgeat (almond syrup)
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 6 drops bitters
- 4 shakes ground nutmeg
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- 1 crushed ice
- 1 lime slice, optional garnish
- Into a cocktail shaker or similar container, put syrup, lemon juice, bitters, nutmeg, orange juice and crushed ice.
- Shake and strain into chilled chimney glasses, filled with ice cubes.
- Garnish with lime slices, if desired.
- 183 calories (2 percent from protein, 97 percent from carbohydrate, 1 percent from fat), less than 1 gram protein, 45 grams carbohydrate, less than 1 gram fat, 0 cholesterol, 72 milligrams sodium.
- Exchanges: 2 fruit. Makes 1 serving