Candy Cane Bread
- Grease a cookie sheet and set aside.
- Stir together flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add the nuts.
- Combine the egg and milk.
- Stir into the flour mixture just til moistened.
- On a lightly floured surface, pat dough into a 10 x 7" rectangle.
- Cut crosswise into 1" wide strips.
- Twist each strip by holding both ends.
- Bend 1 end to form candy cane shape.
- Place candy canes several inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake in a 425F oven for 10 minutes or til light brown.
- Carefully remove to a wire rack to cool.
- Frost with decorator icing or with powdered sugar icing.
- Makes 10 candy canes.
- Powdered sugar icing in a small bowl combine 2 cups powdered sugar and enough milk to make of drizzling consistency (about 3 tb) drizzle over cooled candy canes.