California Thai Flank Steak
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup rice wine
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- ½ small red onion, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons sliced lemongrass
- 3 tablespoons crushed peanuts
- 3 tablespoons chili paste
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 pounds flank steak
- In a large bowl, combine soy sauce, rice vinegar, rice wine, lime juice and sesame oil.
- Stir in onion, basil, mint, lemongrass and crushed peanuts.
- Season with chile paste, coriander and garlic salt.
- Layer flank steak with marinade. Refrigerate 6 hours or overnight.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium high heat, and lightly oil grate.
- Spray a large sheet of aluminum foil with non-stick cooking spray.
- Drain liquid from marinade. Layer meat on foil with the remaining non-liquid marinade ingredients.
- Fold edges of foil to seal, then grill for 20 minutes.