California Goat Cheese Pesto
The taste of soft goat cheese is more present in this California version of pesto than Parmigiano-Reggiano is in a basil pesto. Consider it a multidimensional recipe: dip, sauce and spread.
- Source: Eating Well, August/September 2005
- Formatted by Chupa Babi in MC: 07.14.07
- Total time: 15 minutes
- Makes about 1 cup
- 4 ounces soft goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup packed flat-leaf parsley leaves (1-2 bunches)
- ½ cup packed fresh oregano leaves (1 bunch)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Place all ingredients in a food processor; pulse a few times.
- Then process until fairly smooth, or to the desired consistency, scraping down the sides occasionally.
Per 2-tablespoon serving:
- 43 calories | 3 g fat (2 g sat, 1 g mono) | 7 mg cholesterol | 1 g carbohydrate | 3 g protein | 0 g fiber | 145 mg sodium.
- "Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group" http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Healthy_Recipes_For_Diabetic_Friends/