California Bartlett Pear Coffee Cake
- 3 Cups Unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 Tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 Tsp baking soda
- 1/4 Tsp salt
- 3/4 Cup (1 1/2 Sticks) unsalted butter, Room Temperature
- 1 1/3 Cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 Tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 Cups sour cream
- 3 Medium Firm But Ripe California Bartlett pears, Cut Into Bite-Sized Chunks
- 3/4 Cup light brown sugar
- 1 Tsp ground ginger
- 1 Cup Medium-Chopped walnuts
Preheat Oven to 350?f. Generously butter a 10-Inch Round Cake Pan or BundtPan And Set Aside. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda And salt AndSet Aside. in a Mixer, Cream The butter And sugar Together Until Light AndFluffy. Add The eggs One by One, Beating Well After Each Addition. Then AddThe vanilla extract And The sour cream And Mix Just Until The IngredientsAre Incorporated. With The Mixer on Slow Speed, Gradually Add The FlourMixture Until Thoroughly Incorporated. Batter Will be Sticky. With a RubberSpatula or Large Spoon, Carefully Fold The Pear Chunks Into The Batter. SetAside.
In a Small Bowl, Combine The brown sugar, ginger And walnuts. PlaceOne-Third of The Batter in The Bottom of The Prepared Cake Pan. SprinkleWith One-Third of The brown sugar Mixture. Repeat Layers Twice More, EndingWith The brown sugar Mixture. Bake For 60 to 70 Minutes, Until Top is FirmAnd a Cake Tester Comes Out Clean.
Makes 8 Servings.
- "World Recipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/World_Recipes