California Avocado Eye Opener
Seafood Breakfast Quiche
- 1 avocado peeled and pitted
- 1 uncooked pie shell, deep dish is the best
- 1 cup cooked bay shrimp
- 1 cup cooked crab meat, avoid using canned if possible, but if canned is used, make sure all juice is drained
- 1 cup grated edam cheese
- 1 cup grated gruyère cheese
- 1 cup fontina cheese
- ½ cup finely chopped white onions
- 5 slices of tomatoes, vine ripened, no need to peel
- pepper to taste, white or black
- 1 cup ready to use spinach coarsely chopped, use fresh not frozen. If fresh is not available you may substitute frozen, make sure frozen spinach is well thawed and all water is squeezed out
- 4 eggs well beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Combine seafood, cheeses, onions and spinach in a large bowl and mix well.
- Set aside.
- In another bowl beat eggs well and add pepper.
- Combine all of the above ingredients and set aside.
- Arrange sliced tomatoes on the bottom of the pie shell.
- Pour egg mixture on the top tomatoes then place avocados sliced like a fan on top of egg mixture.
- Bake until filling is nice and firm about 30 minutes to 45 minutes.
- Let cool before cutting.