Caldo de Gallina Vieja o de Pollo
- 1 cup of gem squash cut into small cubes
- 2 lbs of old hen or chicken
- 1 cup of potatoes cut into small cubes
- 1 cube of chicken stock
- 6 cups of water
- 1 spoons of oil
- ½ cup of noodles
- 1 spoon of chopped parsley
- ½ teaspoon of mashed garlic
- ¼ cup of chopped celery
- Heat up the oil in a pot, add the chicken, garlic, salt and herbs.
- Add the water and bring to a boil.
- Leave at medium heat until chicken or hen is tender, adjust water when necessary minutes.
- Add the potatoes, celery and squash and five minutes later add the noodles.
- Stir regularly to avoid excessive sticking, adjust water when necessary.
- Adjust salt to taste.
- When the noodles are tender turn off the heat.