Cajun Popcorn Shrimp
- Rinse shrimp in cold water.
- Drain well and set aside in a cool place until needed.
- Using a fork, whisk together the eggs and dry white wine in a small bowl, then set aside in a cool place.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, chives, garlic, thyme, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Gradually whisk in the egg mixture, blending well.
- Cover the batter and then let stand for about 1 hour at room temperature.
- Heat 2 to 3 inches of oil in a large frying pan or deep-fryer to 375°F.
- Dip the shrimp into the batter and fry in small batches for 2 to 3 minutes, turning to color evenly until golden brown.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Serve hot with your favorite dip.