Cabbage with Peas
- 2 cups sliced cabbage
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- ¼ tsp red chili powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- salt, to taste
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan and saute cumin seeds till it starts to sizzle.
- Add onions and fry for a few minutes till it turns transparent. Add cabbage and fry for a few minutes till it tenderizes and gives out water.
- Add salt, red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and garam masala and fry for a few minutes till spices all blend in.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cover cook for 5 – 6 minutes. Stir in Peas and let cook for another couple of minutes.
- Serve hot with warm rotis, or over a bed of rice with some dal.
Recipe by Hooked on Heat
The blog created by Meenakshi Agarwal is filled with, as the blogger says, lots of spice and everything nice. The pleasant design of the blog is matched by a huge variety of unique content – something you can rarely say about websites or blogs today – facts which make Hooked on Heat a valuable resource for anyone interested in Indian food.
Here you will find information on hundreds of Indian dishes, starting from Dips, Sauces and Chutneys, going through Soups and Salads and passing through Delectable Desserts and other food categories that will make your mouth water. You can reach this wealth of information at the following URL: hookedonheat.blogspot.com