Cabbage Kimchi Soup
This recipe yields 4 servings
- ½ tsp Korean sesame oil
- 1 cup cabbage pickle (kimchi)
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- ¼ lb boneless pork sliced thin
- 3 cup water
- 1 scallion cut into 3" pieces
- 1 firm Chinese soybean curd cut into 9 cubes
- 6 small clams - (to 8) (optional)
- Put the sesame oil in a saucepan and stir-fry the kimchi over moderate heat for ½ minute.
- Add the garlic and pork and continue to fry as the meat changes color.
- Now add the water, bring to a boil, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the scallion, bean curd, and clams if used, and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes more.
- Serve warm with rice.