- Grease a 1½ quart ring mold with softened margarine.
- Refrigerate while preparing the filling.
- Cook the broccoli according to package directions, but add the garlic to the water.
- Drain well and discard the garlic.
- In a 1 quart saucepan over medium heat, saute the onion in the margarine until soft and golden.
- In a measuring cup, dissolve the potato starch in the water or bouillon, add to the onions.
- Cook over low heat, stirring until thick and smooth.
- Cool slightly.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the egg yolks until light.
- Stir the yolks, broccoli and walnuts into the onion mixture.
- In a separate bowl, with clean beaters, beat the whites until stiff.
- Fold them into the broccoli mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared ring mold.
- Set the mold into a hot water bath that reaches halfway up the sides of the mold.
- Bake in preheated 350 °F oven for 30-35 minutes, until firm let rest for 5 minutes before unmolding.