Brain Power Pita Pockets
- 1 cup low-fat or nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- salt to taste
- 4 large whole Wheat pita breads
- 8 oz soft tofu, well-drained and cubed
- 4 ripe plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup sprouts (alfalfa, sunflower or mung bean )
- 1 large ripe avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and cut into thin wedges
- In a small bowl, mix all sauce ingredients until blended.
- Slice an edge from each pita bread and carefully open pockets.
- In medium bowl, combine tofu, tomatoes and lettuce.
- Add ¼ cup of sauce and toss gently to mix.
- Spoon the mixture into each pocket.
- Divide sprouts and avocado among the sandwiches.
- Drizzle each with 1 tablespoon of tahini sauce.
- Serve right away.