Boneless Chicken Curry with Potatoes
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 5 – 6 baby potatoes, peeled
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 – 2 chopped green chilies
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp chopped ginger
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- salt, to taste
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- chopped coriander leaves for garnish
- Heat oil in a deep pan and add cumin seeds. Wait till they start to sizzle, then add chopped ginger, garlic and green chilies. Fry till they become fragrant and add onions.
- Cook thill onions soften and become lightly browned. Add tomatoes and cook for 2 – 3 minutes till they pulp. Add in salt, turmeric, red chili powder, coriander powder and cumin powder. Fry for a minute till the spices blend in.
- Add chicken pieces, potatoes and one cup of water, and cover cook on medium heat for 15 – 20 minutes till chicken and potatoes are cooked through. Add more water if desired.
- Sprinkle with garam masala and fresh chopped coriander leaves. Serve with warm rotis and enjoy!
Recipe by Hooked on Heat
The blog created by Meenakshi Agarwal is filled with, as the blogger says, lots of spice and everything nice. The pleasant design of the blog is matched by a huge variety of unique content – something you can rarely say about websites or blogs today – facts which make Hooked on Heat a valuable resource for anyone interested in Indian food.
Here you will find information on hundreds of Indian dishes, starting from Dips, Sauces and Chutneys, going through Soups and Salads and passing through Delectable Desserts and other food categories that will make your mouth water. You can reach this wealth of information at the following URL: hookedonheat.blogspot.com