- 1 cup Oats
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup white wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup butter - melted
- 1 cup fresh blueberries - drained well - or- 1 cup frozen blueberries - thawed, drained well
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- Combine Oats and buttermilk in a small bowl; set aside and let stand.
- Combine flour, baking powder, soda, salt, brown sugar, stir well.
- Add egg and melted butter to Oats.
- Add dry ingredients and stir just until all is moistened.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Spoon into muffin pan until three-quarters full each.
- Bake for 17 to 20 minutes.