Blue Ribbon Caribbean Salsa Chicken
I found this recipe while surfing the internet for Blue Ribbon Recipes and thought I would share it.. Winner of the 30th Pillsbury Bakeoff Contest 1998
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup Old El Paso Thick 'n Chunky salsa
- ¼ cup orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- fresh lime wedges, if desired
- fresh orange wedges, if desired
- Cook rice in water as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add chicken; cook and stir 7 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- In medium bowl, combine salsa, marmalade, brown sugar, lime juice and allspice; mix well.
- Add to chicken; mix well.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in cilantro.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.
- Garnish with lime and orange wedges.