Black Bean Chili with Winter Squash
- Cut each squash in half, scoop out seeds, and place in a microwave-safe container with ¼ inch of water.
- Cover and microwave until tender, allowing 2 to 3 minutes per squash half.
- Remove squash and let cool, then peel and cut into chunks.
- In large pot, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook, stirring often, until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients except squash and salt and mix well. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer gently 15 minutes.
- Stir in squash and season to taste with salt. Serve warm.