Bittersweet Valentine's Day Chocolate Tartlets
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- Baking Time: 26 minutes
- Yield: 2 Dozen Tartlets
- Contributed by Jenn b aka Mom2sam and Tiny at World Recipes Y-Group
- ½ cup Land o' Lakes butter, softened
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa
- 3 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened baking chocolate
- 3 tablespoons Land o' Lakes butter
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat Oven to 325 °F.
- Combine ½ cup butter and cream cheese in small bowl.
- Beat at medium speed until smooth. Reduce speed to low; Add all remaining shell ingredients.
- Beat until well mixed. (mixture will be crumbly.)
- Shape dough into 24 (1¼-inch) balls.
- Place one ball of dough into each ungreased mini muffin cup.
- Press dough evenly on bottom and up sides of muffin cup.
- Melt baking chocolate and 3 tablespoons butter in small saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally, until smooth (2 to 3 minutes).
- Remove from heat. Cool 5 minutes.
- Stir in all remaining filling ingredients.
- Spoon filling into each shell.
- Bake for 26 to 28 minutes or until filling is set.
- Cool in pans 5 minutes.
- Carefully remove tartlets from pan. Cool completely on cooling racks over waxed paper.
- Melt white baking bar and shortening in 1-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally, until smooth (2 to 4 minutes).
- Drizzle glaze over tartlets.
Nutrition Facts (1 tartlet):
- Calories: 140
- Fat: 9g
- Cholesterol: 25 mg
- Sodium: 70 mg
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 2g