Bittersweet Chocolate Basil Tart with Honey Grapefruit Sauce
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat butter and Sugar until light and fluffy.
- With mixer on low speed, add flour and egg in two parts and beat just until combined.
- Shape dough into a disk, wrap in waxed paper, and chill 1 to 24 hours.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface with a lightly floured rolling pin to 1/8- to 1/4-inch thickness. Transfer to a 9-inch tart pan, press in sides and bottom, and trim any excess dough around edges.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Cover dough with a large piece of foil and weigh down with uncooked rice or beans.
- Bake 20 minutes, remove foil and beans, and bake 10 minutes longer, or until light golden brown.
- Cool on a rack.
- To make the filling, preheat oven to 375 °F.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring cream, milk, and basil just to a boil.
- Remove pan from heat, cover, and steep 10 minutes.
- Place chocolate in a medium bowl.
- Pour cream mixture through a strainer over chocolate and whisk until smooth.
- Let cool 10 minutes, then whisk in egg.
- Pour chocolate into tart shell and bake 20 minutes or until filling is just beginning to set.
- Remove to a wire rack and let cool completely.
- Dust with confectioners' Sugar and garnish with basil sprig.
- Meanwhile, to make the honey grapefruit sauce, chop grapefruit segments into small pieces, saving juice.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring fruit, reserved juices, and honey to a boil.
- Add cornstarch mixture and boil 1 minute or until slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat, transfer to a bowl, and let cool to room temperature.