Bisque de Cribiches
- Heat butter in heavy saucepan and add Crayfish, Onion and garlic. Saute over medium heat until the Crayfish have changed color, about 5 minutes.
- Add the fennel, hot pepper and water. Cover and cook at a gentle simmer for 30 minutes. Remove and discard the fennel and the hot pepper.
- Remove the Crayfish and pound in a mortar and push through a fine sieve or reduce to a puree in an electric blender with a little of the stock. Return the pureed Crayfish to the saucepan, add the coconut milk and heat through.
- Beat the eggs yolks with a little of the soup and stir into the saucepan.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the soup is lightly thickened.
- The Crayfish shells may be simmered the water first to make a more flavorful stock instead of using plain water.