Biscuit-topped Pork Pie
Pork Recipes by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 5
- 4 boneless pork chops, cut into ¾-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 x 23-ounce jar creamy mushroom cooking sauce for chicken
- 1 x 16-ounce package frozen peas, potatoes, carrots (New England blend)
- 1 x 14½-ounce can chicken broth
- 1 x 4-ounce can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1½ teaspoons dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 x 10.8-ounce package (5) refrigerated large biscuits
- Heat oven to 350 °F.
- In large nonstick skillet brown pork cubes in oil over medium-high heat, 2–3 minutes.
- Transfer pork to a 5-quart casserole; stir in mushroom cooking sauce, frozen vegetables, chicken broth, mushrooms, oregano and pepper.
- Cover and bake for 45–50 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from oven; uncover and arrange biscuits on top.
- Return to oven and bake, uncovered, for 12–15 minutes, until biscuits are golden.