- Ethnicity - Mughlai, North Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- First wash and soak rice.
- Then fry sliced onions to a golden brown color.
- Soak saffron in water.
- Now grind ginger, red chillies, garlic and almonds and fry these in butter.
- Add it to the mutton and salt and stir for 5 minutes.
- Now add water and cook onlow flame till meat becomes tender and about 1 cup of gravy is left.
- Boil rice with salt in another pan.
- Put curd into a piece of muslin cloth and let the water drain away.
- Add cloves, cardomoms, cumin seed, mint leaves, chopped chillies and coriander in drained curd.
- Strain the saffron water and add lemon juice.
- Add all this to mutton.
- Sprinkle half of the boiled rice over the mutton and then spread a layer of fried Onion and then of rice again.
- Now pour milk and some butter and cover the vessel.
- Seal the edges of the pan with flour paste.
- Place the can on flame for one hour.
- Serve it very hot with some curry.