Bewitching Cocoa Bites
Recipe from Hershey's Kitchens
- About 3½ dozen treats
- 5 cups crisp rice cereal
- 6 tbsp butter or margarine
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows or 30 large marshmallows
- 1⅔ cups (10-oz pkg) Reese's peanut butter chips
- ⅓ cup Hershey's cocoa
- ⅓ cup light corn syrup
- Hershey's holiday bits for baking
- Measure cereal; set aside.
- Melt butter in large saucepan over low heat.
- Add marshmallows, peanut butter chips and cocoa.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until marshmallows and chips are melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in corn syrup.
- Add cereal; stir until well coated.
- Shape mixture into 1½-inch balls, stirring a few times during shaping.
- Place on cookie sheet.
- Cool completely.
- Press about 6 bits into each treat, if desired.
- Store in cool dry place.