Best Flan Ever
This is the best flan you will ever taste. The cream cheese takes away the "egginess" that most flan's have. The water bath ensures that the custard does not burn and that the carmel turns into a wonderful sauce. I LOVE FLAN! FLANY FLANY FLAN!!!! I know I'm destined to be flan in my next life because I love it so much!
- 1 cup Sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 (14 ounces) can condensed milk
- 1 (12 ounces) can evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ounce cream cheese
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
- Select 2 oven safe containers, one that can easily fit inside the other.
- The large one will be used for a water bath and the smaller one will actually house the flan.
- Fill the larger container a little less than half way with water and place in the cold oven to heat up while you prepare the caramel and the custard.
- In a large pan, using a wooden spoon caramelize the Sugar until it turns a light golden brown.
- While still hot, transfer the melted Sugar to the smaller container, swirling it around until the entire bottom is covered then Set Aside.
- In a blender add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Open up the oven where you have placed the waterbath and then place the small pan with the caramel inside the large water bath pan.
- Pour the custard into the pan being careful not to splash it.
- Bake for 30– 45 minutes until the top is golden brown and the center passes a toothpick test.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on rack.
- You may invert this onto a large serving dish with lip or just serve out of container you cooked it in.