Enjoy this Belgian Pretzels recipe, easy to make and fast to bake! Enjoy
- 1 pkg active dry yeast
- 4 cups unbleached flour
- 1½ cups warm (110 – 120°F) water
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- coarse salt to coat
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Add salt and sugar to yeast mixture.
- Blend in flour and knead dough until smooth, about 7 to 8 minutes.
- Cover and let dough rise until double in bulk.
- Punch down.
- Cut dough into small pieces and roll into ropes.
- Twist ropes into pretzel shapes and place on greased cookie sheet.
- Using a pastry brush, brush pretzels with egg and sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Allow pretzels to rise until almost double in bulk.
- Bake at 425°F for 10 to 15 minutes or until browned.
- Best if eaten immediately.