|Beef Enchilada Pie
Beef Enchilada Pie   is a hearty meal that may be stacked, rolled or folded.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds lean beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup ready-cut salsa tomatoes
- 8 corn tortillas
- 2 cups canned enchilada sauce
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- sour cream and chopped cilantro
- Warm over medium heat, 3 tbsp oil.
- Include meat, stir continuously ~7 min.
- Achieve a browned meat.
- Include,by stirring; garlic, oregano, salt, pepper.
- Add a cup of water.
- Bring to boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to simmer (med-low heat), leave for ~1 hour.
- Leave meat to cool in the liquids.
- Shred meat and set aside.
- Warm oven to 350 degrees F.
- Warm one tbsp oil over medium heat.
- Include onion, stir for ~4 min.
- Include cooked onion with meat.
- Add in tomatoes, gently stirring together, set aside.
- Over medium heat warm remaining oil.
- Fry tortillas, single ones for 5 seconds on each side.
- Pat dry with paper towels for each.
- Take 2 tbsp of enchilada sauce, place into 2 pie plates.
- Then layer with a cooked tortilla in each plate.
- Layer 1/4 cup meat/tomato mixture, spreading evenly on each pie plate.
- Layer again with 2 tbsp enchilada sauce on each.
- Continue until pie plates full, or you run out of ingredients.
- Top each with a final tortilla.
- Halve the remaining sauce and pour all over each enchilada pie evenly.
- Top that with cheese, scallions and olives, evenly over both pies.
- Warm oven, then bake (uncovered) for ~17 min.
- Achieve melted cheese and bubbly sauce.
- To serve cut into quarters and top with sour cream and chopped cilantro.