Bayou Kitchen Jambalaya with Creole Sauce
Makes 6 servings
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ½ medium green bell pepper, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 x 14½-ounce can whole tomatoes, undrained, diced
- ¾ teaspoon ground thyme
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast cubes
- 1 cup smoked sausage chunks
- 1 cup cooked, peeled, and deveined shrimp
- 1 cup cooked whitefish chunks
- Cook onion, celery, green pepper and garlic in oil and butter in 2- to 3-quart saucepan until soft but not brown.
- Add tomatoes, thyme, salt, bay leaf, red pepper, black pepper and wine.
- Simmer at least 30 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf.