Barbecued Rib Eye
This recipe yields 4 servings.
- 2 lb beef rib eye thinly sliced
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup mirin (sweet rice wine)
- ¼ cup sake
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1½ tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 Asian pear peeled and grated
- 3 tbsp chopped garlic
- 3 green onions chopped
- 1 piece ginger root - (½" long) grated
- ½ tsp freshly-ground black pepper
- Combine soy sauce, mirin, sake, sugar, sesame oil, sesame seeds, pear, garlic, onions, ginger root and pepper and chill 2 hours.
- Add meat to marinade, cover and refrigerate 3 to 4 hours.
- Drain meat, discarding marinade.
- Place beef on bulgogi grill pan set over hot coals or on bulgogi grill pan for stove set over medium-high heat.
- Cook until meat is browned on both sides and cooked through, 3 to 10 minutes, depending on thickness of slices.