Barbecue Tofu Sandwiches
- 1 (12 ounce) package extra firm tofu
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1 (6 to 8 count) package hoagie, hamburger or hot dog buns
- Drain the tofu between paper towels until most of the water has been squeezed out.
- Slice tofu into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet. Fry tofu strips until golden brown on both sides. Add Onion and cook for a few minutes until Onion is of desired doneness.
- Pour in barbecue sauce (use more or less, according to your taste). Cook the mixture for 10 minutes on low and serve on buns.
Makes 4 to 6 sandwiches.