Bananas with Green Split Peas
- Cook the Peas in enough water to cover until tender, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Peel bananas and lay them whole on top of the Peas without mixing.
- Continue to cook for 10 minutes until bananas are soft, adding a bit of water if necessary to prevent Peas from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- Meanwhile, heat the palm oil in a skillet or pot large enough to hold the Peas and bananas. Brown the onions. Then with a slotted spoon, remove bananas and Peas from the first pot and add to the onions.
- Sprinkle in the salt and continue to cook over medium heat, stirring gently but constantly, until oil has been absorbed. Serve hot.