Banana Oat Muffins
- 2 cups oat circles (such as Cheerios, crushed)
- 1¼ cups flour
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup mashed very ripe bananas (2 – 3 medium)
- ⅔ cup lowfat milk
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 egg
- Heat oven to 400 °F.
- Spray 12 regular-sized muffin cups with cooking spray, or grease bottoms only of muffin cups.
- Mix cereal, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Add bananas, milk, oil, and egg.
- Stir just until moistened.
- Divide batter among twelve muffin cups.
- Bake 18 – 22 minutes until golden brown.
- Oat Circles Fortified Ready to Eat Cereal by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe