Banana Nut Loaf
- 1/3 cup margarine
- ½ cup Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½ cup parched peanuts (chopped)
- 1 ¾ cups sifted flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- cream the margarine and Sugar together. Add the eggs and beat well, then add the peanuts.
- Sift the flour, salt, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder together.
- Add these dry ingredients to the creamed mixture alternately with banana, beating well with each addition.
- Pour into a well-greased 8 to 9 inch loaf pan.
- Bake in a moderate oven (350 °F) for about an hour or until done. Cool on a rack.