Banana's Foster Rice Pudding
Makes 6 servings.
- 2 medium bananas, peeled and chopped
- 1½ tablespoon light rum
- ½ cup plus 2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream, divided
- ¼ cup butter
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans
- 3 cups cooked rice
- In small bowl, combine bananas and rum.
- Combine ½ cup brown sugar, ½ cup cream and butter in 2-quart saucepan.
- Cook over medium-high heat until boiling 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add pecans.
- Cook until slightly thickened 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in banana mixture.
- Add rice; mix well.
- Beat remaining ½ cup cream until soft peaks form.
- Add remaining brown sugar; beat until stiff peaks form.
- Serve pudding topped with whipped cream.