Baked Chiles Rellenos
- 4 anaheim chiles, (6 in)
- ⅔ cup ricotta cheese, (part skim)
- ⅔ cup corn, whole kernel
- 3 tbsp green onion, chopped
- ¼ tsp pepper, fresh ground
- 1 clove garlic, minced and divided
- ½ cup onion, finely chopped
- ½ tsp cumin, ground
- ¼ tsp Mexican oregano
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 can tomatoes, chopped, (14 oz)
- Place chiles on a baking sheet.
- Broil 3 inches from heat 15 minutes or until blackened and charred, turning once.
- Place chiles in ice water, and chill 5 minutes.
- Drain well; peel and discard skins.
- Cut a 4-inch slit in the side of each chile; discard seeds, and set aside.
- Combine ricotta cheese, corn, green onions, pepper, and half of garlic; stir well.
- Spoon ⅓ cup of the cheese mixture into each chile.
- Arrange chiles in a small baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees f for 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Coat a small saucepan with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add remaining garlic and chopped onion; saute 3 minutes.
- Add cumin and oregano; saute 1 minute.
- Stir in salt and tomatoes.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes more, stirring frequently.
- Pour sauce over chiles and serve.[[Category:California chile Recipes
[[Category:Onion Recipes [[Category:Tomato Recipes