Baked Chicken German-style
Contributed by SF&SC Y-Group.
- Servings: 6
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- ½ cup flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1½ cups milk
- 2 tsp lemon juice, fresh
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 8 oz egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 3 cups chicken, cooked and diced
- ⅔ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tsp paprika
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium low heat.
- Whisk in flour and stir 3 minutes.
- Gradually whisk in broth and milk.
- Reduce heat, simmering until thick, about 10 minutes.
- Blend in lemon juice and seasonings.
- Combine cooked noodles and half the sauce, tossing gently to blend.
- Place in the bottom of a buttered 2-quart casserole.
- Top with chicken and remaining sauce.
- Combine Parmesan cheese and paprika, sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake until bubbling and golden brown, about 30 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- "SF&SC Y-Group" http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SF&SC/