Baked Baby Artichokes
Baked Baby Artichokes 
- 12 to 16 Baby artichokes
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 1 Cup dry white wine
- 3 cloves garlic, Peeled & Crushed
- For The Topping:
- 1 Cup bread Crumbs
- salt & pepper
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest, Finely Chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons Finely Chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Additional oil For Drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Clean the artichokes by peeling the stems, chopping off the top third, and peeling off the outer, tough leaves.
- Keep the prepared artichokes in a bowl of water with a little lemon added to prevent discoloration while you finish cleaning the rest.
- use frozen artichoke hearts and bottoms
- In a small caserole dish large enough to hold them all, add the artichokes, the garlic, olive oil and white wine.
- Add a little water if needed to bring the level up to almost cover the artichokes, cover, and then bake them in the preheated oven until they are tender.
- Usually this will take between 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove the artichokes from the oven, and increase the temperature to 425 degrees F.
- Pour off any excess liquid from the cooked chokes, and set aside. Mix together the ingredients listed for the topping, and sprinkle this over the artichokes in the casserole dish. Drizzle on a little additional olive oil, and bake the archokes just until the topping becomes golden brown.
- Serve immediately, or at room temperature.
- http://www.grouprecipes.com/20077/baked-baby-artichokes.html Baked Baby Artichokes