Alternative flavored pesto sauce for pastas and rice. This is a fairly light vegetarian dish.
- 1 medium avocados
- ⅓ cups virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- pepper to taste (cayenne or freshly ground black)
- ⅓ cups romano/parmesan cheeses, grated
- 1 tbsp fresh basil or 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp lime juice or undistilled cider vinegar
- water to bring to a cream-like consistency
- Prepare favorite pasta or rice.
- Process sauce shortly before serving.
- Split avocado, remove pit and scoop flesh with a spoon.
- Place in blender or food processor along with other ingredients. Purée.
- Put puree in a large pan and bring up the heat slowly.
- Add water as needed to give the sauce a cream-like consistency.
- Before sauce begins to boil add pasta or rice and fold together.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately on warmed plates.