Autumn Vegetable Soup
- Melt butter in a large saucepan, add the meat, toss gently in the hot butter and remove from the pan.
- Place all the prepared vegetables into the pan juices and stir over a gentle heat to coat with the butter.
- Return the meat to the pot.
- Dissolve the stock cubes in the water and pour over the meat and vegetables.
- Add the salt and pepper and simmer gently over a low heat for approx. 1 hour.
- Remove the soup from the heat if not needed immediately.
- To serve, bring to a boil and check the seasoning.
- The soup may be liquidised, then reheated for a smoother texture, if preferred.