Authentic Fried Rice
Yield: 4 Servings
- 2 oz chinese barbecued pork
- 1/4 lb fresh or frozen peas
- 2 tb oil, preferably peanut
- 2 c long-grain rice, steamed and chilled
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs; beaten
- 4 oz fresh bean sprouts
- 2 tbsp finely chopped scallions
- Cut the pork into fine dice.
- Blanch the peas in a saucepan of boiling water for about 5 minutes if they are fresh or 2 minutes if they are frozen.
- Drain them in a colander.
- Heat a wok or large skillet until it is hot. then add the oil and wait until it is almost smoking.
- Add the cooked rice and stir-fry it for 1 minute
- Add the barbecued pork, peas and salt.
- Continue to stir-fry the mixture for 5 minutes over high heat.
- Add the beaten eggs and bean sprouts and continue to stir-fry for 2 minutes or until the eggs have set.
- Turn the mixture onto a plate and garnish it with the scallions.
- Serve at once, or let it cool and serve as a cold rice salad.
- "World Recipes Y-Group" http://Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/World_Recipes