Aroma Blended Tom Yam Goong
- Clean the prawns, shell and de-vein, keep heads and shells aside
- To make the stock and paste, heat up the soup pot and add oil and one fifth of the herbs
- Fry the prawn heads and shells
- Add 1 litre of water let it boil for 10 minutes, strain to get 8 cups of stock
- Blend the rest into a fine paste.
- Bring the stock to a boil, add prawns and the rest of herb ingredients to a boil for a few minutes.
- Season with lime juice, salt, fish sauce, sugar and a spoon of the prepared paste
- Boil for 3 more minutes.
- As a final touch, garnish with spring onion and coriander sprigs
- Serve the soup hot to maximize the aroma, flavor and taste. Please note: amount of chilies can decreased if you don't like the soup too spicy.