Argentine Beef Stew
- In the olive oil brown the beef with the onion and garlic.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, except the corn, sherry and pumpkin of course.
- Simmer for a 1 hour, covered.
- Cut the top off the pumpkin and discard.
- Scoop out the seeds and stringy membrane, and discard them as well.
- You could toast the pumpkin seeds in the oven for a snack if you like, but they are not used in this recipe.
- Brush the inside of the pumpkin with butter and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the stew, sherry and corn.
- Bake the stew containing pumpkin at 325 °F for about an hour, or until the pumpkin is tender.
- When serving, scoop out some pumpkin along with the stew.