Arame Rice Patties
- 1½ cup brown rice, cooked
- egg replacer for 1 egg
- 1½ cup whole grain breadcrumbs
- ⅓ cup onion, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup arame, soaked
- 2 tbsp natto or other type of miso
- 1 tsp thyme
- 2 tbsp tahini
- Place all the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix well, using your hands if necessary.
- Shape the mixture into 6 small patties, using your hands to firmly press the mixture together.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a skillet.
- Place the patties in the skillet and cook over medium heat until they are brown on the bottom.
- Turn the patties over and brown them on the other side.
- Serve these patties with soup, in place of bread, or with a bean or tofu dish.