Apricot and Plum Dumplings
- Mix ingredients and knead until a smooth dough. Roll dough to 1 finger thickness and cut into 15 squares.
- Wash, pit and dry apricots or plums and place Sugar in center of each fruit. Place one fruit in each square of dough.
- Fold dough over apricot or plum and roll into a round ball. Cook in boiling water about 15 minutes.
- Do not crowd the dumplings. To prepare buttered bread crumbs, melt butter and brown crumbs lightly.
- When dumplings are done, remove them with a slotted spoon and place on a serving dish. Top with buttered crumbs.