Apple Butter Bars
This recipe came from the Hartman Estate Sale. It was obtained it as part of the purchase of the Family Collection from the Hartman Estate in Arlington, Texas in 1984.
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1½ cups flour
- ¾ cup butter
- 1½ cups oatmeal
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups apple butter
- powdered sugar
- Mix all ingredients except apple butter until crumbly then spread ½ of the mixture into a greased rectangular pan.
- Spread apple butter over crumbly mixture then cover with remaining crumbs.
- Bake at 350 °F for 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes then sprinkle with powdered sugar.