Apple Bundt Cake
|Apple Bundt Cake|
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice, regular or fresh
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 cups peeled, cored and finely diced sweet apples (~4 medium apples)
- 6 tbsp (3/4 stick) butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- Warm oven to 325 degree F.
- Spray/grease a bundt pan and lightly flour.
- Combine and mix the sugar, eggs and oil, achieveing a smooth consistency.
- Combine by sifting the flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Take the flour mixture and combine with the sugar mixture, mixing well.
- Include the vanilla.
- Stir in apples and walnuts.
- Evenly place batter in the bundt pan.
- Bake for ~1.5 hours.
- Remove and let cake cool in pan for ~15 min before turning over onto plate.
- In a pan combine the butter, sugar, baking soda and buttermilk.
- Boil for ~8 min, achieveing a slight thickening and light brown colour.
- Remove from heat.
- Poke the top of the cake with a toothpick, ~20 times.
- Drizzle the glaze over the cake.
- Let cool and set before serving.